KICKSTART PERFORMANCE SKILLS (KPS)
& GRADUATE TO PERFORMANCE (GTP)
You are aiming for a successful career in sports performance. You know it’s viciously competitive. You are confused about how to get your foot in the door.
You invested all this money and effort into your education and you deserve the advice that’s going to help you take action. Well, we understand how this feels, and We are here to support You. How? Through our experience…
Dr Steve Ingham will take you through the key areas that will help you understand the industry, focus on what matters most, grow your abilities and thrive while you’re studying.
Graduate To Performance
Transition from study to work
- Focusing and maintaining motivation
- Career options
Curate your portfolio
- Upgrading your experience
- Unpaid Internships
Industry view on applying for jobs
- Where to look for jobs
- Job description diagnosis and company research
- CV, cover letter online presence and video pitch
Interviewing skills (including example scenes)
- First impressions
- Questions, presentations
- Group, virtual and practical interview
Skills to apply your knowledge.
Rapport and engagement
Needs analysis, questioning and listening
Expert career route interviews
- Career route, Expert interviews, Biomechanics, Nutrition, Performance Analysis, Performance lifestyle, Physiology, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Strength & Conditioning
Setting up you own consultancy
Employed vs self-employed
Bookings and pricing
Key Performance Skills
Creating your future
- How people are making a difference by supporting athletes and teams
- Your current status and work prospects in sport and performance
- Why your university education is unlikely to equip you for working in sport and performance
- The importance of craft skills
Working in sports and performance
- Case study: What Sir Steve Redgrave taught me about trust
- The demand of working in sports performance environments
- The transferability of craft skills to other professions
- Developing your performance focus and taking action
Critical craft skills
- Case study: What the Beijing Olympics taught us about craft skill
- The determinants of your performance
- Priority professional skills
- How to grow your abilities
Thriving in work and your studies
- Reflective practice
- Developing your professional skills
- Being effective in your studies
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING?
GRADUATES, PRACTITIONERS, LEADERS
"I now understand what are the priority areas of personal and interpersonal skills"
Dr Kate Spilsbury
"This course provides a unique insight into what it takes to work in high performance sport and the key skills required"
Dr Stafford Murray
Head of Innovation
Sport New Zealand
"An unsurpassable level of detail, experience and learnings are available here for all aspiring sports scientists to access and thrive from."
Are you supporting students as a course leader lecturer or careers advisor?
Are you committed to developing employability and the destination of leavers?
Join the forward thinking institutions providing access for your students.